New opportunity not to be missed! Caring Connections have exciting opportunities for flexible, full time and part time Care Support Workers to join our valued support team based in Knowsley. In return, as our Care Support Worker, we offer a competitive salary of £8.50 - £8.60 per hour.
We are a local charity delivering high quality, personalised support across Merseyside for over 20 years. We are committed to 'Connecting People to the highest quality of care' promoting independence, personalisation and reducing social isolation.
The Care Support Worker Role
You will provide personal and practical care services for adults with a wide range of illnesses and disabilities such as people with brain injuries, dementia, autism, health needs and age related needs.
You will have the chance to work in a variety of settings including home and out in the community.
Other duties include:
- Promoting independence, helping to develop new skills and assisting individuals to be full active members of their local communities.
- Helping in the promotion of emotional, mental and physical needs of the people we support.
- Assisting people with a level of personal care.
- Supporting people with mobility problems and other physical/learning disabilities.
- Reading and completing log book records and completing any other recording as required.
Our ideal Care Support Worker will have:
- The ability to provide person centred support
- A caring and empathetic nature
- The skills to help support people to lead quality lives
- A High school or equivalent education
- Availability between 7am - 10pm, 7 days per week, we also have waking nights available 10pm-8am hourly paid.
- CAR DRIVER ESSENTIAL
What we offer our Care Support Workers:
- To be involved with a company where you can make a difference to people's lives
- The knowledge that you are working for a not for profit charity
- 28 days paid holiday
- Full training provided including enrolment on Health and Social Care Diplomas at no cost to yourself.
- Smart Phone Provided
- Provide Level 2 to Degree Level qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Mileage paid at 15p per mile.
- Choice of Contracts 8hrs / 16hrs / 37.5hrs
We are dedicated to supporting our staff to the highest level, through the provision of a comprehensive training programme in which we are now working with John Moore's University, a full support programme in which all members of staff have access to face to face counselling and a full quality support system involving the latest care technology.
We are committed to people developing careers in care and supporting their journey, people not profits.
To apply, request an application form via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org or ring: 0151 289 2761.